My lovely stalkers!

Monday, 25 August 2014

Monthly Blog hop with Smeared Ink

I can hardly believe that it is the last Monday of August! With being off work for the summer holiday I almost missed this hop as I didn't realise that it was nearly Monday again LOL it's a good job I didn't have too much to do yesterday to I could make this piece.

The theme this month is Vintage, I did toy with the idea of vintage zombies but then I remembered this gorgeous image and it all went from there. 

The stamp I have used is called Crabby Love from the Smitten set. I started by colouring her in with spectrum noir pens and coloured the background (it's the first time I've done clouds so I was rather pleased with the outcome). The base of the hanging is a piece of mount board, I have added a few photos that kind of shows the mess and thought process when I am crafting, I never really know how I want something to look before I start it. I prefer to collect random things together and see where it takes me LOL

Here is the full blog hop list for you to see all the other DT's vintage makes

 photo SIMonthlyBlogHopButtonOctopus_zps8932e2f8.jpg 
Black Dragon
Shell
Shoni
Creepy Glowbugg
Elenor
Rebecca















I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.uk/ - Bow, butterflies, burlap
http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/ - Seaside
http://www.throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.flonzcraft.com/vsc/?p=1568






14 comments:

brenda said...

So pleased you settled on this image Shell as she is lovely in that swimsuit.

Thanks so much for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Matney said...

Thank you for showing the process. love all the bits and layers to this. Coloring is amazing and a beautiful piece all together. Those vintage suits we will probably be seeing!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Gorgeous piece, Shell!

Ellis said...

Beautiful wall hanging you made, great work on the frame! =)
Hugs, Elenor

KristyLee said...

Oh my goodness Shelley, this is so very beautiful!! Tks for laying out your steps, the end result is to fabulous!!

Chana said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing this with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! I love it!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Oh Shell... your hanging turned out beautiful! Love the vintage feel and of the added texture! Your coloring is awesome! Hugs!!!

Lori Gauerke said...

Great card, love all of the details! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze and good luck.

Lori DT

Rebecca pettit said...

So cute I love the clouds. They are faboo.

JoanieMc said...

Very beautiful card! Love the design and the coloring is fab. Very cute image, too! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze challenge.

Hugs
Joanie DT

Aurora Marco said...

Oh my... I saw you card on FB and thought it was great. Your colours are great for first attempt, you should have seen mine ;p. And I have the same patterned papers, and now I have new ideas on how to use them. Love the yellow spotted butterflies. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Cheers,
Aurora

Chana said...

Hi, Just dropped by to let you know that you are featured on our FB page today: facebook.com/avenue613. Welcome to The Front Porch Gang!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Cteate Challenge Blog
http://avenue613.blogspot.com

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Lovely creation hun - TFS with us over @ Eclectic Ellapu this month.
Elaine aka Ellapu