My lovely stalkers!

Thursday, 28 June 2012

playing with backgrounds




I've Been having a bit of a play around today with creating some different backgrounds. I was picking up random things from my desk and using them to either put ink on or through to see what happened lol.

I will do a longer post after the weekend with a video on what materials I was using and what different effects they all make.

I've managed to get one of the tags finished, the other I will try and get done tomorrow so will update when I have.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, mine is going to be MEGA busy!!









Wednesday, 20 June 2012

bit of Shabby chic


I have got myself a few distress markers and wanted to have a play so decided I would on this card. I have used a LaBlanche stamp and coloured it with the markers and some ink pads. I stamped it onto water colour paper so it didn't matter how wet it got. I have used papers from my stash and the flowers are from wild orchid crafts.















Monday, 18 June 2012

Junk Funk challenge

These 2 tags have been made with the help of my favourite thing in the world TEA!!!! I can't function without tea so it was great to actually use it on a project for this challenge.  http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/group/thechallenger/forum/topics/junk-funk-challenge-june?xg_source=activity






The 2 Tags have been scrunched up and soaked in black tea...something I've not done since I was at school. 


 The first tag I left in longer and was cream card so it has turned out darker than the other which was white card. On the darker  one I stamped over the background with the script stamp from Tim Holtz Urban Grunge stamp set.  I then used some buttons to embellish the bottom. 


The wings are a butterfly that was silver, I gave that a rub over with raisin alcohol ink then brushed it over with a copper coloured perfect pearls powder. One that was done I stuck on a frozen Charlotte, this is a proper from Charlotte I brought it from Germany with a few others and it's still got some dirt on it...even if she doesn't have her arms or leg lol






The other has a digi stamp called Mer in Shell- Merbabes from smeared Ink http://www.smearedink.com/copy-of-mer-in-bucket-merbabes/


I coloured it in with distress inks then added the eyelet and seam binding bow to it to finish off.






I am also entering these into the following challenges.
http://craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/challenge-67.html
http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/challenge-11-bugs-and-butterflies.html
http://creataliciouschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.nl/2012/06/anything-goes.html


Challenge card, Dead Dancer

It feels so good to be entering challenges again!!

This card Is using one of my favourite stamps from smeared ink http://www.smearedink.com/dead-dancer-pointing-digi-single/ I have coloured the clothing with Tim Holtz distress marker, the skin with copics and the hair with promarkers. I've used different papers from my stash, the patterned die cut shape has been cut out of some kanban paper and the black and gold butterfly card stock is also from Kanban. I have used my favourite bead trim ( I need to make a trip to Hobby craft for some more soon!) and then I've used flowers flourishes and bling from my stash. The ribbon is just a piece of velvet black ribbon I had in my ribbon draw.

Hopefully I will be making a few more things today as I'm really in the mood and the pain killers are doing their job well.








I am entering this card in the following challenges.



http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/3-2-1.html (3 sorts of paper flowers, 2 flourishes 1 ribbon bow)

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Finally got something finished!


As anyone that follows my blog will know I have not been very well recently. I wish I could say I'm all better now, but unfortunately I am still pretty ill so it means that I haven't been able to do much if any crafting.

I was so pleased with myself this week however as I actually managed to complete something!! can you believe it lol!

I've used a Kenny K stamp that I coloured in with promarkers, then used up bits of paper and flowers from my stash to layer it all up.

I will be trying to make a few more projects soon I have at least been able to colour in stamps so I've got plenty of them ready to make things with :D









I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - lots of layers